11/17/09

And again






I think this one is the last tunic based dress for now. I have mixed feeling about it. I still haven't put buttons on it and haven't worn it yet.

The fabric is a beautiful 40% silk 60% cotton voile. I really loved it and it makes me a bit unhappy I don't like the final result. The problem is that I tried to do the dress very carefully but did 2 major mistakes due to my absentmindness...

I put the left sleeve on the right and the other way round... It ended in the front sleeve curve being sewn into the back bodice curve. I noticed it when it was too late and now the sleeves are bending weirdly sometimes...

And the skirt of the dress is a bit to bell shaped. But I don't know which way it will look OK. All in all I feel it is somehow too old for me and I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe I should make it short as a blouse or make the skirt tighter. But somehow I don't imagine it working...

7 comments:

oonaballoona said...

i am not really here... i am a figment of your imagination... but this is one of my favorite things you've made! i love the way it falls & accentuates your waist... love how you've styled it with jeans and boots too. i don't think it looks old at all, and especially if you do shorten it a bit.
:oona

janet lee said...

from the pictures, I think this dress looks terrific on you. Since the material looks light, I think you should keep it loose and blousy. I'm going to try this pattern out now, you've sold me!

Maria said...

I think this is your best tunic dress yet! The fabric and the pattern go perfectly together, and the colour looks great on you!

TM said...

Hey, you look really good in this thing! Cant understand, why you don´t wear it. :)
cheers from germany

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't understand what the problem is. Why not just undo the sleeves and switch them around? You could also undo the hem and reshape it, making the back a bit shorter so that the front doesn't make such a big difference....though I think the hem doesn't look too off.

Really wanted to say hi, my first reading of your blog. Like your style.

Anonymous said...

I think you are rockin' that dress. It looks beautiful. On the other hand, if you decided to shorten it into a blouse, that would be beautiful, too. You really can't go wrong - the shape is quite flattering.

Unknown said...

You've made really nice outfits!! I'm glad i found your blog!! I also sew clothes: www.sewfreak.blogspot.com

hope you'll like mine too!