8/7/08

Pussy Bow First Attempt

I made this blouse in the time I wasn't posting. So now I took some time to photograph it for you.
As a base I used the JJ pattern - I already have it fitted to my measurements and use it a basic shirt block. Very handy. I just left the sleeves out and added a long stripe for the pussy bow collar. I wanted to make it puffier but I ran out of fabric...
So next time bigger, better, fitter bow! I hope.
The fabric you may remember is one of my resent purchases. It is a bit transparent cotton batiste, so I made it double layered. I like the effect of the dots coming through a bit displaced - It has a three dimensional quality sometimes.
It is double faced - I sew the front and back together and turn it right side out through the neck opening.




Actually I would have liked it a bit longer too, but again there was not enough fabric - it just all went into the doublesideness of the thing.










A funny backstage fact: The pant I've sewn like 7 years ago (notice the rivets, something you do with with 20. Although I still kind of like them...). It was a time when I was larger and now they were mostly too wide to wear. I found them while packing for Berlin and I am wearing them around the house now. They are still wide but somehow not as wide I remember them. Guess I've put some weight on...

6 comments:

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said...

not as wide? no, it's just that our clothing likes to mess around and play tricks on us when we are not looking.

i love how the dots play with the rivets, and you know i love the top! :)

Adriana B. said...

The shirt is really lovely... I love bows instead of collars.

Emmanuance said...

Wouah! I've just discovered your blog and I adore it! By the way I've just moved to Berlin too.

Tany said...

Really cool top! I love it!

Vicki said...

This blouse is adorable on you. I really like the way you attached the neck tie - just at the back. And your photography is looking hot!!

Ana Carina said...

So beautiful this blouse! I love the colors and the style!