The cape is almost done - I need to do the lining and some details but it is not that long.
First an image of the fusing - note that on a later stage I fused the whole back. I had to do it because it needed to be stiffer next to the sleeves. The silver stuff are organza stripes I used to reinforce the seams. I think you can do without, but I imagined the seams needed some stiffness too. I also used the organza to reinforce the puff sleeve - the large bat wings are pulling it a bit down.
Further on putting the pieces together in the next post.
Another change I did. Remember I cut the shoulders a bit narrow. It happened I couldn't live with it - I just wanted to fix things as far as I can so I added a piece at the shoulder. I actually like it as a detail. Happy ending...
So now to the collar. I took Paco's advice and I saw now a bit the one of Ana Carina's (is the same collar as the CE but without the pleats) - I made just a simple stand collar that can be folded down if I want it.
The cape without the belt and with the folded collar.
Funny backstage fact: As Matthieu saw this he said that it is too short and the sides are open and all at all it is not really practical. Hehe.