4/14/08

Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin!

Tomorrow I am off to Berlin! I will stay there for a week and then fly to Sofia for 3 weeks to visit my family. So I thought I will shoot the final images of the cape and the leg-of-a-mutton dress (I know I still haven't told you what decision I took on the neck line!) there. Could be fun, cause I guess a lot of you were never there - it is one of the coolest cities in Europe!
I will see which projects I can start there. Guess some stuff for my niece and nephews will definitely happen.
So in the mean time - a dress I made some time ago but was again a bit lazy to hem it - it was winter outside anyway. The pattern I used is the Celestina dress from burdastyle, but changed the sleeves and made it out of a two side jersey fabric - the silver belt is the back side. I omitted the zipper and the bow at the back. I think I made the neck line larger too. Maybe a bit too large.



Somehow I managed to wash it wrong this week - so it shrunk (shrinking jersey is weird indeed...). I guess you can call it a tunic now... But I must say that the waist was too high in the pattern already.




Sorry for the blurry photos - when I was using the flash the "tunic" turned transparent. Guess no red carpet with this one ;).
Yet another funny backstage fact: I was reading the comments on my coat Elisabeth on the burdastyle site and somebody commented - talking in third person of me (I guess she didn't realise it is not an official pattern) : "She looks like a videogame character!" . I had to laugh so hard. This has some background - when I was at school and had similar hairdo my classmates were telling me I look like one of this Japanese mangas... So to all my friends, who know how much time I spent with my laptop and my programs and programming - I am getting more and more digital and the borders are getting blurry...

8 comments:

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said...

HA! i love it. maybe you should do an anime post of yourself, with line drawings a la burdstyle...

and i love your adjusted celestina.

Vicki said...

Cool dress/tunic! I haven't even heard of Sofia so look forward to the photos. I have a daughter called Sofie, so I think I should google it up too. Have fun on your trip!

Ana Carina said...

Geri,
This dress is very simple and versatile. It looks very nice on you!

Good Trip and don't forget to take off photos!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

The dress is beautiful, as always. Geri bon voyage and happy stay in Sofia. A hug. Paco

LauraLo said...

:)))) And I've just commented that your Dracula cape reminds me of Japanese patterns!

Mom2fur said...

I think it's lovely. It really shows off your nice figure--very flattering!

Mon Café Couture said...

Geri - you must have a turbo sewing motor. The tunique looks good on you and I find that the silver belt flatters the waist line.

Tany said...

Geri, another gorgeous looking garment!!! I love its style and it looks amazing on you!