8/12/08

Bye Bye Kassel fabrics

Hm leaving Kassel has some disadvantages... One is leaving Alfatex. I am so spoilt with this store. They have a permanent sales department too and I feel bad if I pay more than 1,99 eu/m for a fabric. Silks and cottons and knits and wools...
I guess I will always put my visits back so I can shop for some fabrics.
So here are the last Kassel bought samples (as always you can enlarge them to see all the glory):



A lost-chickens-in-a-conifer-forest fabric. A 100% cotton voile. Very soft and very yellow. Didn't know I like yellow, but somehow I am starting to appreciate it.
Look at the next one for a minute.



Feeling dizzy, ah? Did I said I start to appreciate yellow? This one is baptised psycho wave by me. It is a 100% cotton batiste.




Have a recent obsession with plaid. Love, love this one!

Next are some fabric I didn't remember I had and found in the wrong place after packing.

Got this one from a best friend when I was moving in this place - like 4 years ago. She thought it may fit to my furniture. I didn't even had sewing machine at this point, haven't sewn since my teens...




It is a stiff cotton. I kind of love it now. I have enough for a top I think (forget the furniture).
The next I bought 2 years ago and just didn't know what to do with it. Still don't. Maybe some family presents at the end...




The green is much stronger and more yellowisch. The red is more into orange than pink. It is 100% linen. The colours are extremely neon like. You won't be unseen even in a 1 km distance. Even if this has its advantages (heavy traffic and so) it kept on scaring me off...

4 comments:

Christina said...

I can see why you are sad to leave Alfatex - 2eu/meter for fabric is very rare! I'm sure you will have fun exploring the fabric shops in Berlin though :)

Adriana B. said...

Yeah, these fabrics are delicious. the pshyco wave and the plaid are absolutely stunning...

Anonymous said...

I love the first one. It reminds me of a chatteau, or something like that...

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said...

as the dollar is HUGELY weak, i think we're at least even on the race for fantastic fabric. i love the way you shoot yours, and am planning on copying you with my next load from the dolla' sto'...

i love those yellows!

hope berlin is treating you well :)