8/24/08

Second swing

I did finish the second swing dress. Very quick! I did photos while sewing to show you my sewing sequence but I made a mistake to save them on the camera chip. So it will take till next week to upload them, when I get the cable...
A tip how to apply your measurements on a stretch fabric (click to enlarge and save it large with right mouse button):



The difference with this one is that I made fully self lined bodice and waist is higher:







I did two mistakes - first one I cut one of the four skirt pieces wrong... Second I wanted to sew the matched pieces in the front, but somehow messed it up. This one I will fix - I will undo the waist seam and flip it.






At the end I do love this dress. It a better sewn version of the last one.
Funny backstage fact: For fun at the end - a weird Humpty Dumpty dance inbetween two photos...

5 comments:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Geri .- greetings again. I will dwell a little time on the blog and you look all its news .... This latest dress is magnificent, I love the treatment you do with elastic tissue. greetings, Paco

Vicki said...

The dress is lovely on you (as is the top on a post or two back). Very nice!

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said...

looks so great with this print! the colors are fantastic on you.

and thank you for posting a stretch measurement tutorial. i will have to read it several times before it sinks in (i am truly horrible at grasping math) but i'm so excited to try it. i've just been guessing so far...

Colette said...

oooh! I just love your swing dress. Great retro print.

Tany said...

FABULOUS! You look terrific!