3/3/08

JJ Blues

From the start of the Burdastyle "sew along" I intended to make 2 blouses. The first one I already showed to you. Now I finished the second one - it was made much more like the original. I first found the idea of a plain blue version boring so I tried this:




I wanted to add some graphical quality with a colour gradient on the ruffles, but looking at it and wearing it I just felt like a clown. It just felt too much, too many different things for one poor blouse.
So back to blue:



I am not sure that I am the ruffles kind of person - tried to make them as tidy as possible... Must see how much I will actually wear it. I see a tendency, that when one is making his own clothes, one tends to try to make them "special" so it is worth the work and time. And sometimes they get too "special" to wear them...

I still kept the colours on the collar and I quite like it that way. Sorry for the threads on the photo - didn't notice them on time.





Funny backstage fact: I got meters of this blue "something" fabric as a present from the city theatre. Matthieu is working there and he keeps on getting some leftover fabrics for me. I've gotten a industrial palette of different green hues cotton. Don't know what you make of 6-7 almost similar greens if you are not making costumes or a whole green wardrobe, but I will tackle this one.

Now back to work...

Update: Matthieu says it looks like a 80s musik video - so I am officially stuck in the 80s again. Need to come back to the future...

2 comments:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

If Geri, blouses you are wonderful. I still am too "male" wearing the ladies. I think hard blouses with ornaments. Congratulations on your work, very chic, but serious and professional, really. A hug. Paco

Christina said...

I like this sooo much! The buttons are great, too. I want to make one now...