9/8/08

Plaid Bow

For this blouse I used the basic JJ pattern that I have adjusted to my measurements and use since as a blouse block. I spent some time on matching the plaid - it is my first time working with plaid. I must say I thought it will be more difficult, nothing to be afraid there...




I cut the blouse long and than noticed that I don't have enough fabric for the sleeves. What I did it is cut it shorter and I intend to use the rests for the sleeves... Hope it will work out.




What is left to do is hem it and make the sleeves.




Saturday I did a 3rd swing dress and will post it soon!

5 comments:

bookwormdragon said...

That looks lovely. And the colors look so good on you!

Adriana B. said...

I really like the plaid and the shirt is turning out lovely!

paco peralta said...

Geri .- I like the treatment you made with plaid tissue . I must say that I am not very close friend of tissues with plaid, but I love to observe this work. Hugs, Paco

oonaballoona said...

love that tied neck... and am terrified of matching plaids. i don't believe you, you truly are an evil genius.

Geri said...

Hehe, Oona... Evil maybe ;), but...
What I did was basically cut the pieces very carefully so they match and then stitch them carefully by hand together so they match. First the I used the machine.