11/10/09

Snake Dress






So snake print indeed. But I must say it is a mutant print - imagine it on an animal with both snake and leopard ancestors. And the photo you see it on is black and white. So.
I bought the fabric on Ebay. It was sold to me as a silk, but it is more of a cotton mix if you ask me. Anyway it feels like a natural fibre and it falls nicely.
I made the pattern myself roughly based on the Burda tunic pattern I made like a 2 million times (I still have to post 2 more of this). It is meant as a muslin for a nice dark blue crepe de chine silk I own.
Inspiration was a Gucci dress I saw in a window on the Friedrichstrasse in Berlin.


And than a photo of a small comfy project. This overall can be worn just as pants too. Next time the photo.

2 comments:

Gail said...

You lucky girl that fabric is totally unique - even if it isnt silk.

yummy peony said...

I agree with Gail, nice fabric with a cool edge to it!