The final post of the Dot Com dress.
The posts on this dress:
( I seem a bit sleepy in that images. I guess I am...)
The collar sewing. Click on the images to enlarge them - I wrote the directions partially on them. Very important is ironing and pressing the pieces of course.
Than the sleeves details:
You know that I used French seams to finish the inside. But somehow there was a problem there - the fabric was gathering on the seams and you couldn't completely iron it out. I ended up cutting my French seam perpendicularly to the seam in small pieces and that worked. But it is not that nice from the inside any more... I don't know if it was the fabric but I will suggest that one better use mock French seams or this technique, where the actual seam is made before the closing seam.
So I actually quite like this dress. I will definitely wear it.